Army Cadet Force
A Kinver detachment was set up last year by members from the Staffordshire & West Midlands (North Sector) Army Cadet Force. The Kinver Detachment is the 11th Detachment in B Company, which is based in Wolverhampton.
The Army Cadet Force is sponsored by the Ministry of Defence and follows a number of its syllabus subjects, but is in no way a recruitment ground for the Armed Forces. The motto of the ACF is ‘Inspire to Achieve’ which is what their instructors aim to do with the cadets through a variety of military and civilian activities:
- Field craft – Tactics and living in the ‘Field’
- Skill at Arms – Weapons training
- Shooting – Putting into practice the skills learnt in Skill at Arms
- Navigation – Everything from what a map is to night navigation
- Expedition – putting navigation skills into practice and spending at least one night in a tent and cooking for yourself
- Drill and Turnout – Learning how to march and carry out drill movements and how to care for your kit and equipment
- PT – Basic Physical Training
- Military Knowledge – From ranks to history of affiliated units
- Leadership training – both in the UK and abroad
- First Aid – St John Ambulance qualifications from Heartstart to First Aid at Work
- Adventurous Training – both in the UK and abroad
- Cadet in the Community – Carrying out community activities in order to build the profile of the ACF and provide certain services to the local area – this can include parades, ceremonies, litter picks, fayres, poppy selling, bag packs etc.
- Battlefield Studies
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Music – Our Corps of Drums performed this year at the Beating Retreat at Horse Guards Parade for the Royal Family and Prime Minister
As you can see, they have a wide range of activities which they carry out. All activities are delivered in different star levels, from Basic to Master Cadet.
The Kinver Detachment parades weekly on a Tuesday from 19.30h-21.30h. More recruits can join by coming along to the Detachment on any parade night with their parents so we can discuss joining.
The Cadet Force attends training at different camps every 4-6 weeks, but there are always events taking place at various locations around the County which our cadets are invited to attend.
For more information please check out their website and Facebook page.