It is the policy of the Governors that our students should wear the correct school uniform and a high standard of personal appearance is expected at all times. School uniform relieves students of anxieties over wardrobe and image, builds a strong school identity and enables the students (who are by far our best advert) to represent the school with pride in the local community.
The uniform is designed to be inexpensive and yet distinctive and smart in black, grey and pale blue. Please contact Kinver High School for more details.
|Boy’s uniform||Girl’s uniform|
|Black blazer with school crest||Black blazer with school crest|
|Grey Jumper with crest (optional)||Grey jumper with crest (optional)|
|Pale blue shirt – short or long sleeved (worn with the top button fastened)||Pale blue shirt – short or long sleeved (worn with the top button fastened)|
|Black tailored logo’d school trousers available online from Price & Buckland (old style) or from Totally Uniform Shop, Kingswinford (new style).
Trousers must be purchased and worn from either of the approved uniform providers and feature the school logo. Trousers must be worn full length and not worn to expose the ankles.
Trousers come supplied with a plain black belt, no other style of belts are permitted.
|Black tailored Logo’d school trousers or skirts are available from Price & Buckland (old style) or from Totally Uniform Shop, Kingswinford.
Skirts (2 styles) must be purchased and worn from either of the approved uniform providers and feature the school logo or school colour (for ribbon banded drop waist pleated skirt)
Trousers must be worn full length and not worn to expose ones ankles.
|Clip on School tie||Clip on School tie|
|Dark plain grey or plain black socks||Dark plain grey or plain black socks, or nude or black tights.|
|Smart black leather shoes – no canvas shoes or trainers. Boots are not permitted.Shoes must be completely black in colour. Laces must be black.||Smart black leather shoes – no canvas shoes or trainers, no high heels. Boots are not permitted. Shoes must be completely black in colour. Laces must be black.|
There are some other rules regarding other items of dress and accessories that you must follow:
- Other clothing: Clothing worn underneath school uniform must not be visible.
- Coats/Jackets: Coats and jackets should not be worn inside of the classroom. Denim jackets and hooded sweaters are NOT ALLOWED in school and should not be substituted for a coat or school jumper.
- Jewellery: You are allowed one flat ring and a watch.
- Ear Piercings: Students are allowed one pair of small studs or sleeper rings for ears. Ear stretchers/flesh tunnels/flesh plugs are NOT ALLOWED.
- Other piercings: Such as nose studs, rings, facial piercings are NOT ALLOWED. They will need to be removed or a plastic clear/nude coloured retainer inserted.
- Accessories: No other fashion accessories (such as sweatbands, bangles, necklaces) are allowed to be worn. No bracelets are allowed except those worn for recognised religious reasons.
- Hair: Hair should be neat and tidy. If hair is dyed, it must be in natural colours only. Hair decorations and bright/multi-coloured/patterned dyes are not allowed.Hair bands or scrunchies etc should be plain black or dark blue in colour.
- Patterns cut into hair / eyebrows, such as tramlines and shaved heads are not permitted.
- Make–up: Light make up is permitted. If students attend school with heavy make-up or an excessive application of fake tanning cream they will be expected to remove it.
- Nails: Nails must be short in length. We permit the wearing of types of nail polish including gel or acrylic, but only if the colour is nude or pale. Vibrant, bright or fluorescent colours including red will not be permitted. The wearing of long, false or nail extensions continues to be prohibited as does the wearing of any nail embellishments or jewels on nails for Health & Safety reasons. This will be strictly enforced and bright varnish/nail art will be removed in school.
Any student who fails to adhere to these rules will have sanctions applied to them as appropriate. Persistent refusal to adhere to school rules could result in students being sent home in order to return in the correct uniform.
To order uniform online (excluding PE Kit) please click here. You can also purchase uniform from Totally Uniform, Park Street, Kingswinford. Our PE kit is available from The Sports Shop, High Street, Kingswinford.
Any queries please contact Reception on 01384 686900.